Home | Carpet Cleaning | Tile and Grout Cleaning | Maid Services

Is Your Air Clean

Air quality - it's something so elementary that most of us don't spend much time thinking about it. We simply take for granted that the air we breathe is as clean and pure as it appears to the naked eye. However, hidden within the seemingly clear air circulating throughout a home, microscopic contaminants like mildew, mold spores, dust, airborne pathogens, and others dangerous particles can lurk, posing a significant risk to occupants' health and wellbeing.

Because most airborne contaminants are not visible to the human eye,many people suffer from allergies and illnesses brought about by these contaminants without immediately realizing the source of their health problems. Becoming more prone to illness (due to weakening and suppression of the immune system), experiencing headaches of above average or increasing frequency, feeling unaccountably fatigued or having difficulty breathing are just some, but not all, of the signs of poor air quality that many people often fail to connect to their true causes. Of course, the dangers are much worse for individuals with severe allergies or respiratory illnesses such as asthma. The danger is also substantially heightened for young children and the elderly, both of whom are more susceptible to illness brought on by airborne contaminants.

Undoubtedly, it is more than a little alarming to think that the seemingly pristine air that we breathe in on a daily basis might be concealing a host of dangerous, unseen threats. However, what cannot be seen with the eye can be detected through other means. Air quality testing is the first line of defense in protecting your family against airborne particles and contaminants that can cause illness and, in some cases, death. Thankfully, monitoring the quality of the air in your home is not a difficult or excessively expensive task.

It is important that every home have a carbon monoxide detector. Those homes that use gas heating and other appliances should have a detector in every room where gas is immediately present. Carbon monoxide has no smell and no taste - thus, without a detector, a carbon monoxide buildup is virtually impossible to catch until it has already reached a dangerous level. Carbon monoxide detectors save lives.